About London Film Week
London Film Week is a brand new film festival taking place during the first week of December in the very heart of London’s West End, at the prestigious Regent Street Cinema & other central venues. We only screen seven films during seven days, meaning we attract the most exciting projects to London.
For LFW18 we are looking for an individual who can spot a great story, write compelling press releases, and adapt their writing style for articles and tweets.
Good knowledge of a wide range of publications and media organisations is important, as is the ability to build new relationships to generate positive coverage.
You don’t need years of experience to be great at this job and we are committed to supporting the right person to grow and develop into this role.
– Researching and writing press releases and articles in support of London Film Week’s communications priorities
– Building awareness and reputation of the organisation with media stakeholders, ensuring cut through in the national, regional, lifestyle and trade media
– Securing interview opportunities across news, consumer and broadcast media titles and providing briefing for spokespeople taking part
– Monitor media coverage and prepare evaluation reports
– Coordinating and overseeing press screenings
Qualifications and training
Degree in Communications or Journalism, or qualification in Public Relations.
Work background and experience
– Experience in media relations, preferably within the film or arts sector
– A network of contacts and a demonstrable track record of delivering positive media coverage across a range of publications (desirable but not essential)
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills with high standards of copywriting and editing
– A consistently proactive approach
– Sensitivity to the uniqueness of the organisation
– Driven and engaged, self-motivated and self-disciplined, eye for detail
Freelance position from October until the end of December 2018
Applications are open until Tuesday 2 October 2018
Interviews will take place on Friday 05 October 2018
If you’re interested and want to join our team, then please get in touch and send through your CV and cover letter to email@example.com